Go-Online "How-To" Modules
The Go-Online suite of tools provides users an efficient and secure alternative method to view their output via an Internet web browser, using an Output Management Web Viewer (OMWV). The links below provide training for using Go-Online features and tools.
This is an economical and “green” alternative to printed reports. Users can view documents and reports stored in any of CA Output Management report repositories that reside on the z/OS mainframes. The Output Management Web Viewer Windows application provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) interface for users with immediate access to their documents from their Web browser.
Through Go-Online, customers are able to view their data online, email it, and print a report from a local printer. Go-Online offers our customers access to their reports at lower costs while maintaining service quality. See resources below for additional information on Go-Online or visit the Service Catalog page.
Click on the links below for the training modules and/or information you wish to view.
Output Management Web Viewer V12
- Go-Online User Group CA Presentation (pdf)
- “Readme” – Welcome to CA Output Management Web Viewer (OM Web Viewer)
The “Readme” document is found under Reports - Subscriptions on the Web Viewer. A link at the bottom of the page will return you to the Go-Online 'How-to' Modules.
- What's New in Version 12? (pdf)
A brief explanation of What's New in Version 12.
- Testing Version 12 Output Management Web Viewer (pdf)
Refer to this guide during the customer testing period to help navigate the Web Viewer.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (pdf)
V12 General questions
- CA Users Guide for Version 12 (pdf manual)
- Introduction to CA-View and How to View Reports using the 3270 Terminal
This is an introduction to CA View, formerly known as SAR. It will show you how to use CA View to access reports.
- Recall Report from Tape
Load a report back from archival tape and view through CA View.
- Print Basic Reports and Print Using Mark Commands
How to print basic reports and print using mark commands
- Creating Page Indexes With CA View
How to create page indexes with CA view.
- View Indexes in 3270 Terminal
How to look at a report on CA View using an index.
Output Management Web Viewer V11.5 and prior versions
- Go-Online Go Green Demonstration
This is an overview of how to view output online using the web browser.
- Using the Output Management Web Viewer
This is an overview of the many features of the Web Viewer
- Accessing Page Indexes on the Web Viewer
How to access page indexes on the web viewer
- How to Export From the Output Management Web Viewer
This module explains how to export a document into Excel Format.
- CA-VIEW Planning Checklist (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)